- more superheroes with disabilities
- more superheroes with visible physical and prominent mental disabilities which affect their day-to-day lives and their superheroing in negative, significant ways
- more superheroes proud of who they are and fine with their disability
- more superheroes with entire arcs about accepting and learning to work with their disabilities
- no more magical recovery from disabilities
cultural appropriation is putting fireflies in a jar
and letting them light up your bedroom
as you drift off to sleep.
and when you wake up all the lights have flickered out
but only when you’re older do you realize
you slowly suffocated them so
that you could enjoy their glow.
that just knocked the breath from me